Heroes 5K/10K Memorial Run Race
Friday March 24, 2017
THE 5th ANNUAL HEROES 5K/10K MEMORIAL RUN WILL TAKE PLACE FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2017 AT 6:30 P.M. THE EVENT BENEFITS THE HEROES OF ST. PETE POLICE SUPPORTING OFFICER FAMILIES WITH TRAGEDIES.
The 5th Annual Heroes 5K/10K Memorial Run is taking place at Demens Landing Park, Downtown St. Petersburg Friday Evening, March 24, 2017 with the feature race starting at 6:30 pm. Registration starts at 4:00 pm at Demens Landing located at Bayshore Drive SE and 1st Ave. SE. This is a multi-family oriented event which includes the following events; 5K/10K Run, and One Mile Walk.
The 5K/10K Chip Timed run routes proceed out to Bayshore Drive S.E. north to the Vinoy, then north on North Shore Drive NE to 13th Avenue NE, the 5K U-turns back to the start/finish line. The 10K continues on Northshore Drive NE, over the Snell Island bridge and after a short distance turns back to the start/finish line.
There is also a One Mile Walk north to and on Bayshore Drive S.E. then back.
Proceeds benefit the Heroes of the St. Pete Police whose mission is to honor St. Petersburg Police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty and to provide financial support to assist officers and their families during a crisis or tragedy.
Photos from the 2015 Heroes Memorial Run:
Packet Pick-up and Race Day info:
- Packet pick up is at Fit2Run on Thursday 3/23/17 11:00am-7:00pm. Then at Demens landing on Friday 3/24/17 (day of the race) 4:30pm until the event begins.
- The 5K and 10K start together at 6:30 pm and the 1 mile walk at 6:50 We recommend arriving by 5:30pm
- Free parking is available on a first come, first serve basis at 100 2nd Ave S. just East of 2nd Street the Northtrust Bank building. Once that garage is full, then Street parking is available all through downtown.
- Strollers and dogs allowed in the race but we ask that strollers and dogs be in the last coral. All dogs must be on a non-retractable leash.
- Portable restrooms will be on site located near existing facilities.
- The race goes on rain or shine! Only extreme conditions will the event be cancelled or delayed.
- There are two water stops, one at the 1 1/2 mile mark on the 5K course and 10K at the 4 mile mark.
- A bracelet can be purchased for non runners/walkers for $10 for the after party. Proper ID is required for anyone who wants to consume beer.
- Who is the race benefiting? Heroes of the St. Pete Police who supprt officers of families with tragedies.
- Where will results be posted?www.coolrunning.com
- Enjoy the run